Saturday, April 07, 2007

Yes, my friend, I've got a feeling they do have little pies

It occurred to me this morning that I know absolutely nothing about the band Prefab Sprout. I'd kind of like to keep it that way, actually. I know a little about Toad the Wet Sprocket -- and I stress little. That band is only interesting because it has a midget for a drummer. Except for a few all dwarf bands, such as MiniKISS ("the one and only Hottest Littlest KISS tribute band in the world!"), I can't think of any other bands that have a midget in the group. I can think of bands that call themselves something using the word midget [or dwarf], such as Killer Dwarves and Midget Fan Club; but, I don't believe that either of those units have actual littles in the mix. I could be wrong. The rest of my day is pretty much ruined now because I'll just spend it trying to find bands with wee men in the lineup.

Meanwhile, I'm about ready to kick off my Hardcore Battle of the Bands tourney over at Fat, Drunk & Stupid. It'll be a helluva show, I assure you -- prepare to have your asses rocked off by the awesomeness of it all. After that massive attack closes, I'm thinking of doing a Battle of the Horror Movie Characters tourney. Seriously, I've thought a lot about this. I'm not yet sure if I'd pit actual characters against each other, e.g. Jason vs. Chucky, or simply wage archetypes, e.g. Zombie vs. whatever the hell C.H.U.D. was. Hell, I'll probably run both -- why the hell not, right?

And in case you're wondering: yes, this is actually the kind of stuff I think about when I'm left on my own. I always watch a lot of golf. As I've said before, I'm much like a kid or a dog -- I make bad decisions when left to my own devices. In my case, though, this results in inane blog jibba-jabba, not dead cats or crayon scrawlings on the wall. (At least as far as you can prove.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Stryper makes it past the first round, a formal protest will be filed with the commissioner.

Matt Larson said...

Unless Stryper has a midget bassist or something, this comment was left on the wrong blog. Take the matter up with Fat, Drunk & Stupid. As AJS would say, the gavel has sounded (see his book Perfect From Now On)